Monday 3 October 2011

What thoughts and feelings did the texts evoke in you?

There were many thoughts and feeling I had when I was reading these poems. These poems are very touching and when reading this, it makes me think about the people around the world that have to deal with this. I am very fortunate to have a happy life where my family and friends are very nice people. As well as this, the poems are trying to show that people are treated by the way they look and I think that is unacceptable. In the poem Richard Cory by E.A Robinson there is a quote that says "We people on the pavement looked at him." The poet here is trying to explain that people who live in poverty are struggling and have been forced to live on the streets. This making them look bad and being treated differently from everyone else.  The word 'identity' is the word that not only connects the poems together but shows how everyone is treated different in how they look and dress. The poems are very moving and this is why readers can like me understand the fact that people do struggle if not loved by another.

1 comment:

  1. You understand the quote which is good. As you write I would like to see you develop your writing by referring back to the quote as you mention your points. This will help elaborate on what you are trying to say. You want to try and expand on what you are showing exactly. You want the specific egs to help put your points in context. Nonetheless it was a good start at analysis.

    ReplyDelete